I’m a major smoothie girl! And so is my little one. (Which is delightful to me because she considers smoothies to be a real treat and I’m happy to serve them up since they’re soooo good for her!)
I’ve shared my Tropical Green Monster Smoothie with you before, and also my Post-Partum Super Smoothie. But it occurred to me today that I had yet to share with you my “everyday” smoothie, which is very similar to those above but has a healthy, chocolatey twist! (Healthy veggies, fruits, and special added “superfoods” are totally my jam!)
So today’s the day. I LOVE this smoothie, and so does my body. And I bet you and yours will too!
On a related note, how much time do you allot for breakfast in the mornings? Are you a grab & go kind of person or do you take a few moments to start the day off with some quiet meditation, a cup of coffee, and a healthy meal? I confess I make time for the coffee and the food, but rarely the quiet meditation. Hoping for a bit more of that in 2015!
- 1 sliced (pre-frozen) banana
- A scant ¼ C. frozen chopped spinach
- 1½ Tbsp. natural, creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 packet PureVia stevia powder
- 1 tsp. ground maca powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ C. plain yogurt
- 1 C. almond milk
- ⅓ of a single-serving packet of instant Folgers coffee
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy!