This morning, I felt certain that you needed this recipe in your life before another day could pass.
Because who doesn’t drool at the sound of Sweet & Savory Balsamic Glazed Salmon, I ask you?
The true beauty of this recipe is how easy it is to throw together, yet how impressive it is when you serve it up! (I love meals like that.) Your guests, spouse, kids, friend(s), self, whoever you happen to be sharing this meal with, will applaud you for the culinary genius that you are. (Which is really the entire purpose of this blog: to equip you to create fabulous food.) I’m so so soooo excited for you to try this one. A standby recipe to keep around, if ever there was one!
First a simple, perfect, balsamic brown sugar glaze gets spooned over fresh salmon…
Then you wrap it in foil and bake it in a hot oven for 20 mins, and voila! That’s it! (I do recommend a few minutes without the foil at the end, on broil. That gets the glaze nice and caramelized.)
What can you serve alongside perfection like this?
Well, might I suggest a simple yet gorgeous side of herb-roasted purple potatoes and corn?
Or possibly some creamy polenta with spring vegetables?
Or you could keep things really light and go with a Strawberry, Spinach, Citrus, & Feta Salad. (One of my favorites!) I love menu-planning, by the way… if you ever need advice on what dishes to serve together, drop me an e-mail or a Facebook message! That would make my day, because I am a major nerd.
I recognize that salmon is not the most budget-friendly dish out there… so I definitely save this meal for special occasions. It is always a winner! But if you’re looking for a few ideas to help you keep grocery costs down, I’ve got you covered there too. Penny-pinching happens to be a talent of mine.
What recipes do you love to pull out for special occasions? Do share!
Here is the super-simple printable recipe for the salmon. Enjoy it, everybody!
- 4 fillets high-quality salmon (fresh is best, but frozen is also delicious)
- ½ C brown sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
- ¼ C. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ C. water
- a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- Thaw salmon completely (if using frozen fillets) and place each fillet on a square of aluminum foil on a large sheet pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium/high heat, whisk together all glaze ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Continue to whisk constantly as glaze thickens (about 2-5 minutes) over a low boil.
- Remove glaze from heat and spoon equally onto salmon fillets (reserving some glaze for dipping, if desired.)
- Wrap foil around salmon loosely, to create a pouch.
- Bake salmon at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven, unwrap foil packages to expose salmon surface, and broil on High for 2-3 minutes to caramelize glaze topping.
You might also enjoy…