I thought today might be a fun day to reveal to my food-blog friends that I am pregnant!!!
It occurred to me that unless you’re my friend on Facebook or in real life (which you totally should be, by the way)… then you probably still didn’t know!
1. I’m just rounding the corner on 16 weeks. Baby is due August 17th. My baby bump is finally starting to pop just a bit (which is really exciting because for the longest time no change was noticeable… especially in regular clothes.)
2. This is our FIRST! So Chris and I have no idea what we’re getting into or how much our lives are going to change. (But we love our sweet little baby already.)
3. I get to find out if we’re having a boy or a girl in just a few short weeks! I’m thinking I might have to make some Gender Reveal Cupcakes for our family and friends.
4. Right now, our baby is the size of a large apple! (Yeah, this picture is kinda science-y and weird… but I still think it’s cool to see the baby’s size in relation to the mom’s body at this point. Google Images… you rock!)
5. Cravings are not a myth. But they’re also not a “Hall Pass” to eat whatever you want at any hour of the day. It’s more important now than ever to make sure you’re putting plently of good things into your body to support baby’s growth.
That said… I think the reality of cravings is that so many things sound unappetizing at first (due to the nausea) that you latch onto the few things that sound good. In the beginning NOTHING sweet sounded good (especially cappucinos, cereal, chocolate… all my usual favorites.) I was, however, loving chili with fritos and sour cream. Our typical stand-by dinner (Little Caersars pizza and beer) no longer sounded good either So weird!
After the first ten weeks or so, my sweet tooth started to come back. (But I can’t claim Ben & Jerry’s as a craving since I ate it religiously long before baby came along.) Other definite cravings have been American Pie pizza (once that first stretch of nausea ended) and then oddly… salads! Totally weird (especially for me) but lately, I can’t keep enough bagged salad mix around the house. I go through a bag every few days and have to march my little booty back to Kroger for some more. (Ah, but lest you should think I’m some pregnancy role model, please recall the aforementioned Ben & Jerry’s. I’m off-setting the copious salads by the occasional pint of that and of course a chocolate doughnut whenever someone brings them into the office.) And last but not least… pickles! I love em!
***So it may not be the perfect diet plan for pregnancy, but right now it’s working for me. I try to at least drink a V8 and eat a piece of fruit everyday at work, and of course get plenty of protein.
~(Again… Google Images, you rock!)~
-Also FYI: I’m taking an interesting vitamin called Reliv. (Mostly because my husband is making me.) It’s a powder rather than a pill so your body absorbs it much more readily. That’s about all I can say in support of it… that it’s reeeeally good for you. But I struggle with taking it because of the taste. It’s pretty puke-tastic. (Still, check it out if you’re looking for a really good vitamin and have good mastery over your gag-reflex.)
So far… this has been a blast. And our prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby have thus far been answered. Even more, we are praying for our child’s developing spirit, and that we can be parents that point him/her toward the Lord above all else.
We’re so looking forward to the next chance we will get to see this little person! (Which will be at the ultrasound to find out the gender.)
Also, Chris’s wonderful Valentine’s Gift to me was a few extra ultrasounds at Baby Views here in Little Rock. (I was so dejected when I found out our routine appointments only provide two… 8 weeks and 18 weeks.) So thanks to my sweet husband, we’ll get a few more views in there before the big day in August.
So that’s our news! We’re going to be parents.
Oh, and one more exciting development (for my blog, that is)… is that I’m going to become a stay-at-home mommy! (Which means lots more home-cooked meals are on the way!) I am definitely excited about that fact.
Can’t wait to share many more life moments and yummy meals with all of you
You might also enjoy…